Outdoor Adventure Centre
We know how important it is to have a balanced diet whilst exercising and our catering team delivers a fantastic menu. All food is home cooked and plentiful and made on site with local ingredients so that we can control the quality to a high standard. There are always bowls of fruit available to eat outside of meal times and our menu throughout the week usually consists of the following:
- Breakfast – Cereal, toast, hot cooked breakfast option. Some mornings we may also replace the cooked breakfast with a bacon sandwich or a pan au choc/ croissant.
- Lunch – Variety of sandwiches, crisps, biscuits. Sometimes we will replace the sandwiches for a pasty/ sausage roll or soup option.
- Evening meal – Spaghetti Bolognaise, Chicken Nuggets and chips, Hunters Chicken, Sweet and Sour chicken, Jacket Potatoes with a choice of fillings, BBQ
- Evening Desserts – Chocolate cake, Ice cream selection,
We have soft drinks and tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate making facilities available for free throughout the week. We can also run a tuck shop facility with sweets/ fizzy drinks/ chocolate bars if you would like your group to have it.
Our Centre offers dorm style accommodation with bunk rooms sleeping 4,6 or 8 pupils to a room. Some of the rooms are en- suite and there are also segregated male/ female shower toilet blocks with individual cubicles for privacy. Staff rooms are all located around the pupils rooms and we also have a duty member of the Outdoor Adventure team on duty every evening to deal with any first aid or possible fire evacuations. We have a secure centre policy to ensure the safety of the pupils at all times.
The Centre boasts a large tv room and dining room as communal areas during free time as well as a large lawn area for games. Other areas include:
- Indoor drying room
- On site Orienteering course amongst our 10 acres of land
- Cliff top fire pit
- Traverse wall
- On site crystal maze type challenge course
- Private beach