Food and Accommodation
Healthy, Varied and Tasty Food
We know how important it is to have a balanced diet whilst exercising and our catering team delivers a fantastic menu. All food is home cooked, plentiful and made on site with local ingredients so that we can control the quality to a high standard. There are always bowls of fruit available to eat outside of meal times and our menu throughout the week usually consists of the following:
Examples of Meals To Look Forward to!
- Breakfast – cereal, toast, hot cooked breakfast option. Some mornings we may also replace the cooked breakfast with a bacon sandwich or a pan au choc/croissant.
- Lunch – variety of sandwiches, crisps, biscuits. Sometimes we will replace the sandwiches for a pasty/ sausage roll or soup option.
- Evening meal – spaghetti bolognaise, chicken nuggets and chips, Hunters chicken, sweet and sour chicken, jacket potatoes with a choice of fillings and BBQ.
- Evening desserts – chocolate cake and ice cream selection.
Wide Selection of Rooms
Our Centre offers dormitory style accommodation with bunk rooms sleeping 4,6 or 8 pupils to a room. Some of the rooms are en-suite and there are also segregated male/female shower and toilet blocks with individual cubicles for privacy. Staff rooms are all located around the pupils rooms and we also have a member of the Outdoor Adventure team on duty every evening to deal with any first aid or possible fire evacuations. We have a secure centre policy to ensure the safety of the pupils at all times.
Everything has been carefully thought through to make sure pupils and teachers have everything they need for a fun and comfortable stay. Every winter we reinvest to keep making things better and better. Here are just a few of our facilities:
- 10 acres of land, private beach, grass games area
- Cliff top fire pit, traverse wall
- Orienteering and team challenge course
- TV and communal room, efficient drying rooms
- Fast Wifi – centrally controlled to exclude areas