Food and Accommodation on your School Trip
Healthy, Varied and Tasty Food
We know how important it is to have a balanced diet whilst exercising and our catering team delivers a fantastic menu. All food is home cooked, plentiful and made on site with local ingredients so that we can control the quality to a high standard. There are always bowls of fruit available to eat outside of meal times and our menu throughout the week usually consists of the following:
Examples of Meals To Look Forward to!
- Breakfast – cereal, toast, hot cooked breakfast option. Some mornings we may also replace the cooked breakfast with a bacon sandwich or a pan au choc/croissant.
- Lunch – variety of sandwiches, crisps, biscuits. Sometimes we will replace the sandwiches for a pasty/ sausage roll or soup option.
- Evening meal – spaghetti bolognaise, chicken nuggets and chips, Hunters chicken, sweet and sour chicken, jacket potatoes with a choice of fillings and BBQ.
- Evening desserts – chocolate cake and ice cream selection.
Wide Selection of Rooms
Our Activity Centre offers dormitory style accommodation with bunk rooms sleeping 4,6 or 8 pupils to a room. Some of the rooms are en-suite and there are also segregated male/female shower and toilet blocks with individual cubicles for privacy. Staff rooms are all located around the pupils rooms and we also have a member of the Outdoor Adventure team on duty every evening to deal with any first aid or possible fire evacuations. We have a secure centre policy to ensure the safety of the pupils at all times.
Activity Centre Facilities
Everything has been carefully thought through to make sure pupils and teachers have everything they need for a fun and comfortable stay. Every winter we reinvest to keep making things better and better. Here are just a few of our centre facilities:
- 10 acres of land, private beach, grass games area
- Cliff top fire pit, traverse wall
- Orienteering and team challenge course
- TV and communal room, efficient drying rooms
- Fast Wifi – centrally controlled to exclude areas